Thursday, June 8, 2017

Welcome Bed Bugs Once Again To Your Original Habitat 🤣🤣

Welcome Bed Bugs Once Again : स्वागतं शुभ स्वागतम् , आनन्द मङ्गल मङ्गलम् , नित प्रियं भारत भारतं , In Sitar-Maestro Pundit Ravishankar's Asian Games Style 🤣🤣


 A brief write-up follows the following pictures of bed-bug experiences. Please don't miss it. The web-link to the pictures in this Blogpost, will be displayed very soon. My deepest sense of gratitude to the creators of these pictures, without which this Blogpost would just not have come into existence.





I was busy freaking out on some of the trillion dollar Social Media Sites last evening, wasting my 'not so very valuable' time, to the fullest extent possible. Everyone at home was thoroughly fed up, and didn't know how to rehabilitate me in life, out of this 'silent addiction'.

I don't know, what was the problem, to my noisy family members, when I was productively immersed in NOISELESS SILENCE, of the Transcendental Om of the sacred Facebooks, and Twitters, and Pinterests, and the Blogging sites, scattered all over the web. 🤣🤣

Our All Compassionate, Durga Devi, answered the heartfelt prayers of my disgusted family members just then. 

Suddenly, I could feel unbearable, torturous itching, all over my sacred SELF. I left the computer screen immediately. Didn't want to waste my time unnecessarily on my cosy seat, and wanted to get into immediate action, for exploring the unexplored cause. 🤣🤣

I got terrified, if the blessed house of ours, was once again infested, with the buggy bed bugs, from Thanjavur, Kumbakonam Luxury Hotels, or the world-famous Venkata Lodge. : ) One nightmarish experience in the year 2012, was enough, to keep us eternally alert. 

This was the year, my most fortunate husband Shekhar finally put an end to his Corporate Career, and made up his blessed mind, to enjoy the remaining portion of his life blissfully, with the bed bugs, that travelled along with him to Bangalore, from the National Capital, as co-travellers in Jet Airways. 🤣🤣

Here is a Blogpost he wrote then, disgusted with his new career prospects, in the blessed Terrace Garden, of Bangalore :
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Musings of a Bed- Bugger

No-- pl. don't get me wrong-- Iam not galavanting non stop in bed-- this is the genuine story of a bed bug invasion in my house & ensuing misery, there of.

Ever since I decided to take a long Sabbatical from my job & shifted base to Bangalore-- blessed fate intervened in the form of Insomnia.

We shifted our luggage thru a reputed Packers & Movers & rue to this day. Luggage reached safe but with an added baggage !

In my Army days I have been bitten by roaches, fleas, ticks, mites & even leech. I nearly missed being bitten by a snake-- but I never encountered any bed bugs.

I had an enviable option of taking a swig at my Scotch every night --to get sleep !-- but was vetoed by my blessed wife worried about my Liver.

As a doctor , I could have taken refuge in Alprazolam or even main -line IV drugs -- to get peaceful sleep !-- but I desisted from becoming a zombie.

My house was smothered by toxic chemicals by Pest Control guys & these bugs & their eggs had the last laugh.

We must have inhaled & got exposed to as much toxins as Chernobyl residents to nuclear radiation.
Not willing to die so soon of Leukaemia or Bone Marrow Depression, Iam looking for a non toxic way out.

Neem oil, Lavender oil, Eucalyptus oil, Turpentine oil-- nothing works on these resilient buggers.
An enterprising guy told me to try Baby Talc on bed-- it had an opposite effect-- bugs loved the sweet smell & launched a renewed frontal attack.

These days , Iam experimenting with Camphor & my bed room smells divine yet these guys manage to play havoc with my thick skin.

Vacuum Cleaning, blasting hot air with hair dryer has only increased my monthly electricity bills.
Heat Treatment is an option but that contraption is not yet available in Bangalore.

You guys have cream crackers with Tea-- we have cinnamon-- since a good samaritan from Japan told me bugs dont like cinnamon smell in blood -- atleast my blood sugar would get controlled , if not the bugs.

An American friend suggested Diatomaceous Earth -- this is nothing but Silica powder---- I dont mind dying of Silicosis eventually-- where do I get this in Bangalore ?

Dr MChandrashekhar
Bangalore


PS : 1) Good thing is that Iam planning to turn an entrepreneur at 60 -- become a professional Bug Buster--if I succeed in driving these tiny dinosaurs out of my house !!

2) Friends & Relatives avoid us studiously these days -- Saving Grace-- I have always liked it that way ! 🤣🤣

1 comment: