Wednesday, June 7, 2017

My Daring Adventures In The Field of Intricate Hand Embroidery :)

My Daring Adventures In The Field of Intricate Hand Embroidery :)

A Brief Write-Up Follows The Following Pictures Of My Hand-Embroidery Work : Please Don't Miss It. 






Attached down below, is a small piece of my creative work, not small but pretty large :) , created several decades ago. Don't remember exactly the dates now. It's a cross-stitch Wall-Hanging, that took several years to see the light of the day, and get a decent place on my wall. Cross- Stich is a form of intricate, time consuming hand embroidery work, and you undertake these kinds of complex projects, at the cost of your irreplaceable eye sight.

As a child, I never had great attraction for sports. Even to this day, I wonder, how do people have the patience to watch a boring entertainment like Cricket. But I will never express my aversion for Extreme Sports, like Bungee Jumping, River Rafting, Surfing, Trekking, Mountaineering, Sky Diving etc. 

Anyway, different people have different passions, in the Infinite Creation of God. There are as many passions, as there are individuals on this planet.

Always had tremendous weakness for all forms of finearts, since early days.This includes even knitting, embroidery & crochetting. These art/ craft forms required tremendous patience, and I always tried my level best to complete the work I had started, though reaching the end required back breaking patience, which honestly, to this day, I lack.

Cross stitch embroidery work, was also one of my favourite crafts. I started the following project sometime in the early 90's, and within a matter of a couple of months, the project was almost 90% complete. It's a pretty large piece from Coats India ( 2 feet X 1.5 feet in size ). I was fully charged with vigour & dynamism, till 90% of the work was complete. This was perhaps in Dehradun in Doon Valley. It was like an Ashtaanga Yoga exercise of deep Concentration and Meditation for me, after the tiring day in ONGC office, glued to the computer screen, immersed from head to toe, in the massive Big Data of Oil Field Chemicals, from across the Nation. 

Initially the art was a joy, no doubt, & gave the feeling of Dhyaanam & Samaadhi. But after a stage, the activity became terribly boring, tiring, strenuous & monotonous. And I found it difficult to continue it anymore. The incomplete art piece then, went into HYBERNATION, like Raavana's brother Kumbhakarna, not just for 6 months, but for several years. Don't remember how many. The thought then got completely erased from my mind, after that.

Then suddenly, one fine morning, during our Lucknow Posting, while attending a meeting of AWWA ( Army Wives' Welfare Association), I met a smart talented college girl, daughter of an Ambulance Assistant in Command Hospital, who lovingly agreed to complete the remaining portion of the work for me, in exchange for helping her with her job hunting process. This was much easier, and I signed the deal immediately, and within a matter of two days, the piece was complete, perfect in all respect. In return, I could have done any favour to the dynamic girl. Her contribution was very minimmum, just 10%, no doubt. But without her contribution, my art piece would never have seen the light of the day.

Thank U Anitha, this piece on my wall, will always keep reminding me with gratitude, the pain you took, to prevent my hard work from going waste permanently. I don't know, where is dear Anitha today on this planet. But the cross stitch Wall-Hanging on my living room wall today, lovingly attached down below, with fond memories, is like Amar Jawaan Jyothi of New Delhi for me, to always remind us of our patriotic soldiers, and their selfless sacrifice, towards the Motherland, and towards Senior Officers. 

There are tears in my eyes now, and my heart is heavy with deep emotions, thinking of our fun filled days in the Indian Armed Forces, enjoying a life of respect & dignity, which to this day, reminds us of Indian Armed Forces Decorum.

No comments:

Post a Comment