Friday, June 9, 2017

Stolen Books & Borrowed Scriptures are more interesting, & more enjoyable 🤣🤣

Stolen Books & Borrowed Scriptures are more interesting, & more enjoyable, because they are priceless 🤣


Attached right above, above this gossipy this post, is a copy of a sacred scripture, that never ever belonged to me, & neither would the book ever belong to me. 🤣🤣

This is the sacred 'Lalitha Sahasranamam', with an exhaustive commentary, by the greatest Devi-Worshipper, 'Sri-Vidya Upaasaka', Shri Bhaskararaayya of Thanjavur, written in perhaps the 16th Century.

One elderly 'Vijayam Varadarajan Maami', from New Delhi, who is an extremely learned Sanskrit Teacher from the National Capital, staying in adjacent D Block in our complex, gave this book to me, perhaps two years back, or may be even more, very lovingly, seeing my intense devotion for Durga, Kaali, Lailtha Thripura Sundari, Saraswathi, Lakshmi & the likes. I loved the book, though quite complex & incomprehensible, and wanted to go through it at leisure, to understand perhaps, the scientific inner meanings of the great Lalitha Saharanamam, the sacred Hymn from 'Brahmanda Purana' of the Hindus.

I was devoted to Durga, Kalee, Saraswathi, no doubt. But I developed even more devotion for this borrowed copy from Vijayam Maami, next door. I kept it back with me, and never took the laborious trouble of returning the book, to the simple innocent, decent, courteous Maami, who is extremely knowledgeable, but extremely hard of hearing as well. 🤣. She somehow tries to understand, & patiently listens to all my silly, idiotic doubts from Sanskrit scriptures, and clears all my obnoxious doubts, in her most loving way, forgetting the fact, that I was equally hard of hearing🤣:)

Anyway, I really dont know, when is the dear book, going to meet its long lost Master once again, for the much awaited Family Reunion. 

I keep bumping into Maami, every other day on the busy streets of Terrace Garden, minutely escaping from the bicycle accidents, of tiny toddlers, during morning, evening, night & afternoon walks. And I joyously discuss, everything under Terrace Garden's Sun, with dear Maami. But the most important thought of returning the book to the actual owner, never ever occurs to my DUD SELF. And, for all practical purpose, I have accepted my own good Self, as the actual owner of the book. 🤣

A great man has once very sensibly advised, to the owners of books :

'Never lend your books to anyone. Coz, the books that are lent, are never returned. The only books , that I have in my home library, are the ones, lent to me by others, once upon a time."

Many of the books, that I had in my Home Library, once upon a time, I never ever wanted to part with them. But the rare books are missing today from the book shelves, making me wonder as a lost- case, as to who borrowed them from me & when, and where have all the most valuable books disappeared, in the vast, expansive space above !!!

Alas !!!! Who is then to blame for these unethical habits of us Book Lovers of this most unethical country??? None, perhaps. As We 'Desi-Indians' have always been 'Knowledge & Wisdom-Lovers', and it was never our intention to be unethical ; it was just the absent-mindedness, of the great lovers of knowledge of this country, and nothing else. 🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment