Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Cartoon Embroidery : A Fun That I Crazily Loved, Once Upon A Time, In My Fun-Filled Fairy Taleish Life :)

Cartoon Embroidery : A Fun That I Crazily Loved, Once Upon A Time, In My Fun-Filled Fairy Taleish Life :)





 As a small child, Rohan was very fond of cartoons, like all children his age. Cartoon Network, was one of his favourite channels, during early school days. 'The Jungle Book' Cartoon film, by Rudyard Kipling, was his all time favourite, when he was in Baby Class in Dehradun. It was a Blockbuster in our house, and all three of us, would have watched it crazily, hundreds of times, during our Doon days. 

Even recently, when the latest 3D- Animated Jungle Book of Disney Production was released, we three went to see the very first day of the show, facing the mad rush, getting sqeezed within
the mob. Crazy indeed are we, at this age. :). The production was truly so cute, and all three of us, became tiny toddlers.


Not that I enjoyed watching all Cartoon Films, but the cute bubbling Cartoon Characters, were something, I loved to copy for my fun filled embroidery work, through tracing papers, in my 20's & 30's. 

As Rohan was very fond of cartoons, I had made a number of cushions & wall-hangings for his tiny room, during our Army days, with cute cartoons on them, filled with intricate cross-stitch embroidery work.

Wonder, where have all those multiple pieces of my creativity gone !!! Must have gone somewhere with the blowing wind, while wandering around the length & breadth of nation, during our nomadic life, in the Indian armed Forces Medical Corps.

The only pieces left with me, are the following two tiny wall-hangings, on my dining room wall today. Rohan & Shekhar often tell me, that I must dump these silly things in garbage now, as we are too old now, for all these crazy, babyish things. But no, it's impossible for me to dump the very last pieces in trash can, as the pieces will always keep reminding me of my joyous, hobbies, in the fun-filled, carefree early days. 

It's impossible for me to undertake, I must admit, such time consuming, laborious projects anymore, at this age, when I am moving towards the 6th decade of my earthly life. But preserving the old collections, should not be impossible at any age, and I am doing just that. :)

So Long  Mala

No comments:

Post a Comment