Tuesday, June 20, 2017

My Tiny Pooja Room : My Place of Worship, And My Place of Concentration & Meditation at Home

My Tiny Pooja Room :

A Brief Write-Up on my present Pooja Room follows, the following pictures of my Pooja Room. Please don't miss it.





Wherever we were posted in India all these years, from Kashmir to Kanyakumari ; and from Dwaraka to Kaamroop, we always had a separate room for Pooja (Daily-Worship ), or at least a spacious area for daily Pooja, with hundred and one pictures of Hindu gods & goddesses. 

We also had tiny Panchaloha Vigrahams, inherited from my paternal grandmother (Mambakkam Paatti ), who lovingly gifted them to me, asking me to keep them safe, & treat them with utmost respect. These Vigrahams were perhaps centuries old, which later shifted their base to my brother Ramana's Pooja room in the US. 

I don't know if Ramana does daily Pooja, but the antique Vigrahams in his Pooja shelf in the US, sparkle like midday Sun, with heavy doses of daily Brasso, I mean 'Nitya-Brasso-Abhishekam'. 🤣 , with the intoxicating fragrance of Venezuelan lilies & American wildflowers emanating all around.

Now, let's come back to the original topic of my Pooja room. 

But after shifting base to the present compact apartment in the Cyber-City of Bangalore, we couldn't afford to have a special Pooja room as before, spacebeing ver y limited in the apartments. 

I therefore created a small place in the kitchen, for the few pictures of Hindu Gods & Goddesses, that were left behind with me, with the strong salivating aroma of Saambar, Rasam, Masaal Dosa & Dum Aaloo, emanating from the gas stove towards my pathetic, helpless looking Deities. 

Appa often used to tell me that kitchen is not the right place for Pooja, with obnoxious aroma, torturing the poor Gods, instead of the intoxicating fragrance of Sandalwood, Dhoop, Flowers, Agarbattis & Camphor.

Soon after Appa's passing away in 2015, as per his wish, I created a place for Pooja in a corner of one of the rooms in the present apartment. Old religious pictures, I had given away to my friends & local temples, before shifting permanently to Bangalore, space for such sacred things being unusually limited. 

As a substitute for large pictures, I needed small pictures of my choice, and I got them conveniently from 'Google-Images'. I took the print-outs on photo-papers, with good resolution, & got the small, cute pictures framed, in the local photo-framing shop (An old friend of my dear Appa ).

Thus was my Pooja room in the present house created, on an auspicious day, when the mood too was equally auspicious. 🤣🤣

It's a joy these days doing Pooja, with the chanting of 'Stotras', 'Stutis' & 'Durga Saptashati', more or less regularly, depending on the availability of time, and of course the mood of the day.🤣🤣🤣

The room has become an ideal place for my husband Shekhar's 'Transcendental Meditation', & also for my occasional 'Yoga Nidra' sessions, all depending on the TEMPO & mood of the moment. 

Since there are only Scriptures & Spiritual Literature in this room, and no noisy, soul-shattering TV on full blast, with our fully-charged Arnab Goswami yapping & screaming away to glory, we do feel the vibrations of immense tranquility in the room.

Posted above in the beginning of this Blog-Post, is a series of pictures of my small Pooja space in my humble den, not Wimbledon. The moments spent in this room, are very soul-elevating. But sorry for my very basic photographic skill. The photography is just not impressive, though the actual pictures from Google Images are quite sharp, with remarkably good resolution. 

Appa was absolutely right ; one always needs a special place for Pooja, which is not to be used for any other purpose ; no negative discussions there ; & no worldly jabbering, if the sanctity of the place, & the intense serenity of the environment have to be maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment